Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Total Time: 6-8 hours
- 1 large organic onion, diced
- 3 organic stalks of celery, diced
- 5 organic cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 oz of organic carrots, shredded
- 8 oz nitrate/nitrite free organic ham, diced
- 1 qt. of organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 2 TBSP Sugar in the Raw
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Place all ingredients into a large crock pot.
- Stir lightly to combine.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Use immersion blender to smooth out some of the chunks, if you like. I leave mine lumpy and just mix it a bit with a spoon.
- Garnish with a dollop of fresh organic plain yogurt, or some shredded cheese, if desired.
BULK COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
For Bulk Cooking, I quadruple this recipe using two large crock pots. In EACH crock pot I add:
2 large onions, diced
6 organic stalks of celery, diced
10 organic cloves of garlic, minced
20 oz. organic carrot, shredded
16 oz. of nitrate/nitrite free ham, diced
2 qts. chicken broth
4 cups water
2 TBSP curry powder
4 TBSP Sugar in the Raw
2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp dried sage
2 tsp dried thyme
Cook as directed above. Cool completely and divide each crock pot contents into two gallon-size freezer bags, yielding four bags in all. Lay flat and freeze to stack horizontally. Don’t forget to label your bags with date and contents.
FREEZER TO CROCK POT INSTRUCTIONS
Take frozen soup out of freezer and run under warm water long enough for the soup to release from the sides of the bag. Cook in your crock pot on low setting until warmed through and steaming hot.