These whole wheat brownies with chia seeds and pistachios are perfect for you sweet-and-salty chocolate lovers! And you don’t have to feel guilty since they are also made with whole grains and fiber-rich chia seeds. If you like even more salt to your sweet, you can sprinkle a little kosher salt on top before you pop them in the oven. The feel of these brownies are more cake-like than fudge-like. They have just the right texture , and are perfect served with a glass of icy cold milk! Continue reading Whole Wheat Brownies with Chia Seeds and Pistachios
- 1 stick organic salted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup soft white wheat berries (or use 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup organic flax seed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 TBSP organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp natural salt
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 organic baking powder
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind the wheat into flour in your Nutrimill
- Grind the flax seed.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, flax seed, salt, baking powder, and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla together.
- Continue to whisk the egg mixture while adding the maple syrup and and the melted butter.
- Add the brown sugar to the wet ingredients while stirring to dissolve the sugar crystals.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to fully incorporate.
- (Stir in chocolate chips at this time if desired)
- Spread the batter into a greased 8 or 9 inch round pie pan or Pyrex dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is firm to the touch and the edges are golden brown.