These are quite possibly the best appetizers ever. This is also the perfect kind of appetizer to make a whole bunch of ahead of time and have waiting in the fridge . When your guests arrive, just pop them in the oven and you’re ready to entertain!
- 12 Fresh Organic Jalapenos
- 1 Package of Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Can of Pineapple Tidbits (Drained very well through a strainer)
- 1 TBSP Onion Powder
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 12 oz package of uncured bacon (make sure package has 12 pieces of bacon)
- 2/3 cup of pineapple jelly
- 2/3 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut bacon pieces in half and set aside on plate
- Cut ends off jalapenos. Cut jalapenos in half and scoop out membranes and seeds. Place cut jalapenos on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, pineapple tidbits, onion and garlic powder. Use a fork to mash and incorporate all ingredients well.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each of the jalapeno halves and set back on the baking sheet,
- Wrap one segment of bacon (half a piece) around each jalapeno half and set back on baking sheet.
- Place jalapeno halves in oven for 30 – 40 minutes, checking for desired amount of doneness. Remove the appetizers when they are to your liking.
- Meanwhile, while the jalapenos are cooking, whisk together the jelly and the barbeque sauce. Pour into a squirting-type squeeze bottle.
- After removing jalapenos from oven, squirt a generous amount of the barbeque mixture on each appetizer.
- Turn on the broiler.Place the appetizers under the broiler, supervising carefully, until the right amount of gooeyness and crispness has been achieved. (1-4 minutes)
- I don’t even need to say “Enjoy” on this one. It’s unavoidable.